Its 11.11.11 today. The date has been tipped as date of the century. Every year, there has to be a date which repeats after a century. Last year, it was 10.10.10. next year, it will be 12.12.12. To me it appears like any other day. I am looking forward to something unusually good to happen to me to make this date of special significance.
In medieval times, numerologists believed all numbers had both positive and negative aspects, except for number 11. In the words of the 16th century scholar Petrus Bungus, 11 “has no connection with divine things, no ladder reaching up to things above, nor any merit.” Stuck between the divine numbers 10 and 12, 11 was pure evil, and represented sinners.
That doesn’t bode well for Nov. 11, 2011, the date when three 11s will align for the first time in a century. A new horror film, “11/11/11,” has even been made for the occasion, and it plays on (or perhaps plays up) the people’s fear of coincidences surrounding the number. Film characters experience the so-called “11:11 phenomenon,” a tendency to look at the clock more often at 11:11 than at other times of the day. In the film, this is a warning of what’s to come: “On the eleventh day of the eleventh month of the eleventh year, a gateway will open … and on this day, innocent blood will spill,” says a voiceover in the trailer.
Indeed, the 11:11 phenomenon is widely reported in real life, with entire online discussion forums dedicated to figuring out what the number means. People say they feel haunted by 11s, which appear to them eerily often. To them, the impending date is bound to seem ominous.
On the flip side, some modern-day numerologists have deemed 11/11/11 auspicious, and according to local news sources around the country, an unusual number of couples have planned to marry on the day.
I am taking it as an auspecious day which may fulfill some of my wishes. 🙂 Let me put my wish list, if by any chance, some one out there in heaven is seeking some choices to do something good for me.
1. Indian politicians take the vow to keep – “Country First” and not “me and my family first”.
2. Present system of reservation comes to an end. The reservation should be only at the educational level for the people depending upon the economic conditions and and not based on the caste and creed. No reservations in jobs.
3. All terrorist leaders have a change of heart. They leave the killings and terror activities and join the mainstream life of happiness and living.
4. World population becomes responsible enough to take care of the environment before it is too late.
5. The inflation comes down..more so for the INR and $ relationship. Looking forward to a better world economics.
6.Better roads , clean water and lighted city for all Indian states. No more migration to cities.
7. Better relationships in families, extended families and friends in general.
8. I loose weight without much exercise 🙂 !
9. I develop a taste for boiled vegetables and fresh fruits.
10 I dislike paaprichaat, chole -bhature, saag, makhkhan roti, fast food. or I donot get the calories from these foods. Now I will prefer the second option pls.
11.All around, people get their rightful due.
Now, this is all as of now. If this is done, life will be much better.
If any of the superpowers are scanning through the blogs,clouds etc, please have a look here and grant the wishes!
Looking for the magic! 🙂